Partners & Associated Links :
CCB Foundation stands for Children’s Charity Bangladesh Foundation which is a charitable organisation working for the promotion of child rights and child education in Bangladesh. This Foundation was formed and registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 on August 4, 2004. This foundation has now successfully completed the 9th year of its journey towards sustainable existence and during this period, Foundation has achieved reasonable success to make its projects reasonably sustainable.
Aims and Objectives of the Foundation
- To create a role model in child education, specially in Primary and Secondary level, by which the future generation will be well educated, trained and developed;
- To provide scholarships, stipend, assistance, aid, incentives and all sorts of encouragement to every poor child so that he/she can continue and complete his/her formal education up to university level.
- To identify merits and talents among poor students from classes four to six through competitive examinations and then to nurture those talents up to the highest level.
- To undertake different projects to modernise educational materials, advance literacy and support to the talented poor at all levels of education so that the potential talents are not lost at the beginning or half-way through.
- To provide interest-free education loan, lump sum grants and support poor students for their education.
- To work for promotion and protection of child rights and other human rights through judicial and quasi-judicial process.
- To produce, provide, supply and distribute study materials like books, papers, ink, pen, pencils and all other incidentals for imparting, promoting and furthering education for all students as well as children.
- To publish quality books, book-lets, guidelines and other supplementary necessities so that poor children are encouraged to read them and continue their education.
Guiding Principles of CCB Foundation
- Education is not only the backbone of a nation, but also the key to the development in personal life of an individual.
- Illiteracy is curse. Illiteracy brings curses not only in one’s personal life but also leaves a family and a future generation in darkness and uncertainty.
- If we can make only one generation of our children educated up to a certain level; we will not to have be worried about any further generation. An educated person will never leave his next generation uneducated or illiterate. This is why, rationally; educated person’s next generation will be more educated and wiser.
- If a generation of our children is made educated up to a certain level like Degree or University and once this can be achieved, the following generation of children will be in a better position to avail quality education. Thus, the quality of education will be improved from generation to generation.
- Making a generation of children educated means establishing foundation and promoting standard in health, education, science and economic development of the country.
- Life does not mean to have just two or three meals a day with whatever items and quality; to have a piece of lungi (long wearing cloth), a gamsa (towel), and a genji (vest) or shirt as basic needs; life means much more than these and the quality of life will not be improved unless a generation of children is educated up to a certain level.
- No law or punishment but education can eradicate or remove our main social problems like child labour, discrimination in all steps of life, dowry, poverty, begging, over population etc. and can thus give a prospective solution.
- Give me the light of education; I want to be flourished.
- Give me the little right of education; I promise you to make my next generation healthy, wealthy and wise.
|Year||Receipt from CCB Publications||Other Receipts (Registration fees etc)||Total Receipts||Scholarship given||Legal Aid||Total expenses||Total deficit|
NB: Both receipts from CCB Publications and total deficits were covered by donation given by the Honorary Chairman Mr. Abdul Halim. This foundation does get any donation or contribution from any other source.
Number of Students who have been awarded Scholarship at different years